Usher Cargo Pty Ltd
Links to Other Sites
The Services provided by Usher may contain advertisements, or links to other websites or apps which are not owned or controlled by Usher. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those third party advertisements, sites or apps and therefore you use those sites at your own risk. The Services are also available to download on third party sites such as the App Store, or Play Store which are not controlled by Usher. We always encourage safe online behaviour and would recommend that you review the privacy policies of these sites before using them.
While using any public forums available through the Usher Services (such as blogs, ratings and reviews, social media posts and any other features of the Services viewable by the general public), it is worthwhile to remember that any information that is disclosed in these sorts of environments becomes public information and care should be taken when deciding to disclose any personal information in this sort of environment online. As these environments are public, Usher cannot be responsible for the protection of any personal information you choose to disclose in these environments.
Collection of Information
In the process of providing our Services we may collect a wide range of information from you.
This may be information you provide to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request Usher Now or Usher Later services, contact customer support or otherwise contact us. The types of personal information we are likely to collect in these circumstances are your name, mobile phone number, email address, shipping and pick up addresses, billing address, profile picture and / or pictures of the delivery items, payment method including credit card details, items requested, ID if requested during delivery of the services, delivery notes, and other information you may choose to provide.
We may also collect the following types of information about you when you use our Services, including our Mobile Applications:
Transaction Information: We collect the type of service requested, the date and time the service was requested and provided, items Ushered, distance of trip, amount charged, payment method and other related transaction details. If you have referred someone to Usher and they use your reference code, then we may associate your name with that person.
Location Information: We collect precise location data about the trip through both your use of the Services and our Ushers use of the driver app. If you permit the Services to access location services through your mobile device, we may also collect the precise location when the app is running in the foreground or background. We will collect your IP address, from which we may derive your approximate location.
Usage and Preference information: We collect information about how you and other users of and visitors to the Services interact with our Services, your preferences expressed and settings chosen.
Contacts information: If you permit the Usher app to access the address book on your device, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate interactions with your contacts, such as you inviting them to use Usher and for other purposes described elsewhere in this policy or at the time of collection. If you sign in with Social media eg Facebook, and you authorise the Usher app to access your followers or friends then we may also facilitate interactions with them such as you inviting them to use Usher. No contacts, friends or followers will be accessed unless authorised by you.
Device Information: We may collect information about the mobile device or system you use to access our Services. This may include, for example, the hardware model being used, operating system and version, unique device identifier, serial number, device motion information, mobile network information, software and file names and versions, preferred language, and advertising identifiers.
Call, chat and SMS Data: Communication between Ushers and customers is facilitated within our Services. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call, chat and SMS data including the dates and times of communications, telephone numbers and content of any chat or SMS message.
Log Information: When you access and use the Services, we log interactions and collect information which may include device IP address, access dates and times, searches made and pages or app features visited or used, app crashes or other system activity, type of browser used to access, the page from which you came from prior to using our Services.
Competitions or Promotions: If you enter competitions or promotions organised by us, there may be additional information collected.
Credit Card Information: We do not store any credit card information processed through our Services. This information is collected and processed by our third party payment gateway supplier, who is PCI-DSS compliant and secure. We may store an obscured version of your credit card information to display to you during use of the Services. However, in order to facilitate payment, we store an encrypted token that allows us, and only us, to ask the payment gateway provider to process a payment.
Information from other sources: We may receive information from other sources and combine that with information that we collect through the Services. For example: If you choose to link, create, or log into your Usher account with a payment provider or social media service eg Facebook, we may receive information about you from that site or app. After using the Services, we may receive a User rating from the Usher delivering the service. If you choose to interact with us as an Usher, then we may combine or associate that information with the information collected from you as a user of the Services.
How do we collect information
We collect this information when you submit it to us through using the Services, including through online interactions and forms, through correspondence, by registering as a user; downloading our apps; entering competitions, or by using our website or apps. This may be direct information that you enter, or information gathered by our systems including our website and app analytics programs. We collect it from third parties if you choose to link your Usher account with a third party’s product (such as login with social media).
You have the option to remain anonymous, or use a pseudonym when dealing with us, however this will limit our ability to deliver goods or services to you. If you make this choice and the personal information is necessary in order to access a product or feature, you will not be able to access the services, product or feature.
How we use personal data
Usher may use your personal information for the purposes for which it was initially collected, or for purposes related to the initial purpose where this would be within your reasonable expectations. For example, to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and Services. Including to facilitate payment, provide services you request, develop new features, provide support to customers and Ushers, authenticate users, develop safety features and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Provide you with email news and offers (where you haven’t opted out of receiving such emails) we think will be of interest to you. Note that you need to opt in to receive these communications and each one will provide the option to unsubscribe from future emails;
- Respond to questions or requests regarding the Services;
- Display content and information you may be interested in;
- Develop and improve our websites and apps by analysing how they are used, what pages and features are most popular, how long is spent using the services etc.;
- Perform internal operations including, for example, to troubleshoot software bugs or operational issues, prevent fraud and abuse of our Services, conduct data analysis, testing or research;
- Send or facilitate communication between you and one of our Ushers, such as ETA’s or additional information; or between you and a contact of yours at your direction when using certain features such as referrals;
- Conduct competitions and promotions in which you participated;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We may also aggregate and anonymise your information with information about other users in which case the information will no longer identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual.
From time to time Usher may run competitions by ourselves, or with our business partners. Subject to any “conditions of entry” that may be applicable to the particular competition, by entering and participating in the competition you consent to:
- The collection of the personal information required by the competition, most likely including: your name, email address, and any competition specific questions.
- Disclosure of your personal information to our business partners for that specific competition.
- Receiving marketing and promotional communications from us and our business partners from time to time. You will be able to opt out of further communication.
Disclosure of personal information
We require that these third party business partners to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and also seek to ensure that they comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. These business partners are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes, including marketing.
Specifically, through using our Services we will share information that is provided to us:
- With Ushers (drivers) to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example we share your name, photo (if you’ve uploaded one), photo(s) of item (if provided), pickup and delivery location, user rating provided by Ushers, any incidental information given about the Service requested.
- With third parties when requested or directed by you through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us.
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum such as blog comments, social media posts, Usher reviews or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public.
- Rate and Review: if you provide a rating or a review for our Services, then you agree that we may publish part, or all of your review together with your username or first name.
Importantly, we may also share your information in the following circumstances;
- With Law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our terms and conditions or policies, and to protect the rights, property and safety of Usher, or others.
- Business Transfers. We may share information in connection with a substantial business transaction such as the sale of part or all of the Services, or a merger or consolidation, or the sale of part or all of the shares of the company to investors.
- If we otherwise notify you, and you consent to the sharing.
- We also may share or sell aggregated and anonymised data that cannot identify you, with third parties.
Social Media Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social media sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other social media apps or websites, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending upon the settings you establish with the social media service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social media services for more information about how they treat the personal information you may provide them or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising services including Cookies and Web Beacons
Protection of Information
Usher takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from loss, misuse or alteration. We have adopted technical, administrative and physical procedures to assist with the security of your information. However, please note that no data storage or data transmission can be 100% secure or error free. We want you to feel confident and secure using our services, but we cannot warrant that your information is totally protected.
How to access and, if necessary, seek correction of your personal information
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online, or in-app account. If you otherwise need to access, or correct, personal information that we hold about you, please contact us on info@Usherapp.com. We will be happy to respond or update personal information when we receive a request in writing from the owner of that personal information. However, in order to protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to granting you access to, or correcting your personal information. Depending upon the request, as the owner of the information, you may be asked to complete a personal information request form. We endeavour to respond to any request within a reasonable timeframe and expect this to be no later than 30 days. In some limited circumstances, Usher may not be able to grant access to personal information and if this is the case, this will be outlined to you in our response.
You may opt out of receiving promotional or direct marketing messages at any time by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, you will still receive non-promotional communications if you continue to use the Services, such as about Services you have requested, or your account.
Our contact details are:
Usher Cargo Pty Ltd
Attention: Privacy Officer
If you believe that Usher has not adequately dealt with your complaint, you may refer it to the Privacy Commissioner, whose contact details can be found on their website: https://www.oaic.gov.au/